Paint for concrete — Whether or not or not among the garage or a basement, the cold, gray look of cement solely adds to the gloomy atmosphere of these usually forgotten rooms in your home. Adding color to paint for concrete in your house can brighten up your basement or produce your garage feel latest.
- You will begin to paint for concrete by removing any grease from your cement floor by laying down a coating of cat litter and baking soda. These will work to take in any grease or oil than might have dripped from your automotive or tools among the garage.
- Next, before start to paint for concrete, sweep away the cat litter and baking soda mixture and check for any greasy areas that keep. These need to then be treated plenty of aggressively with a commercially out there grease remover before you will be ready to begin to paint for concrete.
- Mop the cement floor to induce rid of any dirt or dirt that’s still when sweeping. You will need to be compelled to let the cement dry for a minimum of 3 days before continuing along side your paint for concrete project.
- Repair any cracks among the cement with cement filler once the bottom is clean and dry. The manufacturer’s directions will offer you with information regarding drying and curing times for the merchandise.
- Use a roller to use a cement primer. This is often a primer paint specially designed for cement floors and is very important to help the best coat adhere to the cement.
- Choose a high-quality flat latex paint to paint for concrete. Since this is often a region that sees variant traffic, you want to use the only paint that you simply can afford to verify that your paint for concrete project encompasses a durable result.
- Begin to paint for concrete around the edges of the bottom with a medium-sized brush. Then apply paint to the rest of the bottom with a paint roller, starting from one corner of the area and dealing towards the exit. If you are operating throughout a garage, the only strategy is additionally to work with the garage doors open, painting from the rear of the garage to the front.
- Create a decorative look by taping off a pattern to paint for concrete. You’ll be ready to do a ramification of fake treatments imitating marble, tile or even the look of a region rug on your cement floor. Voila, your paint for concrete project has done!
By username1 and filed under category: Paint